Thursday, July 14, 2016

Amazon Whisperer

Revenue driver for the Ring Thing is direct sale of the item. My product will be offered at numerous brick and mortar stores as well as online.

I imagine I will stay with the small, inexpensive gadget type products for hands on individuals if I were to expand my product line. Possibly lighted hand tools or work gloves with additional features.

Staying within a small defined class of products will help me with customers buying multiple items in the line when they are happy with another item. Additionally, my products will be fairly cheap and therefore will carry less risk for the consumer as well as appeal to the spontaneous shopper. People will begin to see correlation between these gadgets that offer real world solutions and will trust in my products and want to try them out.

The following is a pair of work gloves with a built in bottle opener in the palm of the right hand. I think this is an awesome idea and was a bit surprised and disappointed that it already exists. It is not well known about or publicized at this point.

There is only one review for this product, and as you can imagine it is a wonderful review. The user says the bottle opener works as described, but also that the gloves are extremely comfortable and useful for yard work as well.

Because there is only one positive review, I feel that I would need to match the quality of the existing product, but at a price of $29.99, maybe I could undercut the price a little. The existing gloves look pretty heavy duty, so maybe I could offer a product that is a little more comfortable and light weight that is used only for opening bottles and not ones that can also double as high quality work gloves.


These gloves are a perfect extension of the Ring Thing line in that they offer a simple solution to a problem people rarely think about until they need it. They are a novelty item that has the potential to take off and be a staple item in every person’s gadget drawer or tool box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment